Meet Admissions: Kaila (Summer Intern)

Kaila Gibbons, Admissions Summer Intern, Class of 2016

Kaila2

Kaila, our summer intern has been an incredible asset to our team. In addition to leading campus tours and sharing her Wentworth experience with prospective students and families, she collaborates with Admissions’ full time staff on a variety of key administrative projects.

Kaila has really made the most of her time at Wentworth.  She notes,”I transferred to Wentworth for the smaller classes and co-op program, but what I didn’t anticipate was how easy it would be to get involved in leadership activities on campus. My favorite role is the Community Outreach Chair for Society of Women Engineers. In this role, I am responsible for planning STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) education events as well as coordinating community service opportunities. I am also a Resident Assistant, a member of the LEAD team that plans innovative leadership training for students, an Orientation Leader, and an Alternative Spring Break participant”.

When asked about her favorite Boston spot, “My Boston pastime is wandering around the city and discovering new things. Currently, my favorite place to relax and read is a small garden in the Fenway neighborhood that I stumbled upon one day. It features a gorgeous terrace, shady trees and a fountain where little birds often splash around”.

Join us in wishing Kaila the best of luck as she enters her junior year as a Biomedical Engineering major!

http://giphy.com/gifs/cheezburger-cute-bird-squee-gw3IWk4bUd5SnE8E