New Student FAQ!

Friends, Leopards, Countrymen, Wentworth Class of 2019, lend us your ears!

This is a friendly reminder that if you haven’t already, you should sign up to attend New Student Orientation.  You will learn SO much helpful Wentworth information at New Student Orientation but to tide you over until then, we’ve compiled a short list of New Student Frequently Asked Questions.  You might be feeling anxious, excited, nervous,  or all three as these are typical emotions to be experiencing as moving to college is a major milestone in your life. But, you can feel confident that all of your questions will be answered and hopefully your nerves will be calmed at orientation. If your initial questions aren’t answered below, or you want further clarification about any of the information presented, check out the New Student Programs website or give the Wentworth Admissions Office a call at 617-989-4000. We look forward to meeting the class of 2019!

Q: How do I transfer my college credits?

A: Students who have taken courses for college credit should request that their official college transcript be sent to the Admissions Office for transfer credit evaluation.

Q: How do I register for classes?

A: Sit tight! You will learn how to register for classes at orientation.

Q: Which meal plan do I chose?

A. All first year students are required to purchase the mandatory full meal plan of $1,495 per semester.

Q: Do I need to complete the English Placement Exam?

A: All first year domestic students, who do not have AP or transfer credit for English 1, need to complete the English Placement Exam. This must be completed by May 29.

Q: When is move in?

A: Wednesday, August 26

Q: How do we get housing assignments?

A: In early June, students will receive an email directing them to complete their housing agreement and roommate matching questionnaire. Students select housing assignments online between July 13 and July 17.

Q: Does Wentworth offer gender inclusive housing for freshman? 

A: Yes! For questions regarding gender inclusive housing, please contact Greg Mantolesky, Assistant Director of Housing and Residential Life at mantoleskyg@wit.edu

Q: Can I bring my car to campus when I move in?

A: Students living on campus cannot bring a car freshman year. Commuter students can purchase their parking pass on LConnect.

Q: What if I want to change my major?

A: Change of major requests should be directed to the Admissions Office, 617-989-4000 or admissions@wit.edu.  A change of major is not guaranteed.  Please reach out to your admissions counselor for clarification!

Q: When is the fall semester tuition bill due?

A: Your bill should be settled by July 30