Understandably, winter is not the most desirable season to live in Boston. Boston is notorious for frigid temperatures and way too much snow. It is important to not let the winter weather get you down. There is always something fun to do in Boston, no matter what the season! Here are some favorite, budget-friendly winter activities from the Wentworth Admissions Staff.
- Ice Skating on the Frog Pond at the Boston Common: Admission is $5 and skate rental is an additional $9. Tuesdays are college nights! Bring your Wentworth ID and pay only $2.
- Tour some architecture: The Boston Public Library offers free tours highlighting the architecture of the historic building. The tour lasts about an hour and leaves from the Dartmouth Street entrance. Check the library’s website for days and times.
- Attend a sporting event: Support your Leopards! Check our the Wentworth Athletics events calendar to see when there are local games. You can also check out the Info Hub for discounted Bruins and Celtics tickets!
- Indoor rock climbing: If you are feeling cooped up and craving some adventure, check out Rock Spot Climbing in South Boston. A day pass is only $20 with your student ID.
- Broaden your horizons at the Museum of Fine Arts: The MFA is one of the most comprehensive art museums in the world and is home to nearly 500,000 works of art! The museum is always free with your student ID.
- Take the plunge at the New England Aquarium: Admission with your student ID is only $24.95 and only $29.95 if you also want to see an IMAX movie!
- Check out the Boston Public Market: At BPM you will find fresh, locally grown food even during the coldest months of the year! The Market is located at 100 Hanover St. and is accessible by the T at Haymarket Station.
- Get up, Get energized: It’s challenging to feel motivated to exercise during the winter months. Venture out of your comfort zone and check out these Boston-area fitness classes. Your first class is free! Don’t forget, we also have awesome group exercise classes offered right here at Wentworth, also free of charge!