New Counselors Join the Admissions Team

The Wentworth Admissions team has a few new faces! To schedule an appointment with a counselor, please call the admissions office at 617-989-4000. You can also stop by the office Monday-Friday 8:15am-4:45pm.

Meet the new counselors:

Paulina Bula

Where did you go to college?

BSBA from Suffolk University and M.Ed from Northeastern University

What did you study?

Global Business & Marketing in Undergrad and Higher Education Administration in grad

What drew you to working in admissions?

As an immigrant and first generation university student, I have always been grateful to the mentors that helped me reach my educational goals. Now, I am hoping to pay it forward. I believe that international education makes the world smaller and helps people understand one another. International admission is a perfect blend of my personal values and desire to help students who have may have less access.

What locations will you be reviewing?

All international applications

What do you like to do? Hobbies, interests, etc.

I am an aunt to three little girls that have stolen my heart and I spend most of my free time with them. I also enjoy spending time with friends, family and my dog Milhouse. And of course.. travel. I love to travel.

What are you excited for in this role?

My favorite day of the admission cycle is the day that students arrive to campus for orientation. I am very much looking forward to welcoming the class of 2022 this summer. I am also looking forward to working with my new colleagues and helping advance the goals of the admissions office and the university.

Michaela Tarmey

Where did you go to college?

University of Rhode Island (Go Rams!)

What did you study?

Communications and Leadership Studies

What drew you to working in admissions?

Having a great working experience in admissions as an undergrad and the idea of setting students up for a successful new educational experience

What locations will you be reviewing?

Berkshire, Franklin, Hampden, Hampshire, Norfolk Counties in  MA also CO, KS, KY, NE, OH

Spending Sundays watching the Patriots win while eating too much buffalo chicken dip. Dreaming about my next travel adventure with friends and family.

What are you excited for in this role?

To be back in Boston after living in Rhode Island for a few years. After working in admissions throughout undergrad  I’m excited to continue my admissions work on a further level as a counselor.

Brian Steele

Where did you go to college?

I received my B.A. from University of South Florida, and my Masters from Saint Leo University.

What did you study?

My B.A. was in History and my M.Ed. had a Specialization in Exception Student Education (ESE).  I also received a Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design from Saint Leo University.

What drew you to working in admissions?

I love working with prospective students as they pursue furthering themselves through education.  I believe that education is in all its forms is the key to personal growth and success, and I enjoy being an ambassador to persons deciding to take that next crucial step.

What locations will you be reviewing?

As the Associate Director, I will oversee domestic recruitment in its entirety.  We have got a great admissions team, and I will be doing whatever I can to assist them as they hit the road to represent Wentworth.  I will also be the point of contact for all transfer students so I am sure that I will be traveling all over the place from time to time.

As a recent transplant from Florida, I am very excited to explore the city of Boston and all it offers.  I was the singer and guitarist in an indie band in Florida, and I would like to get back into that at some point.

What are you excited for in this role?

I am thrilled to represent a school that so thoroughly prepares students for the workplace.  Wentworth is a fantastic institution, and I am cannot think of a better organization to be a part of.

Pete Nelson

Where did you go to college?

I started at Mass Bay Community College in order to transfer to UMASS Amherst.

What did you study?

Liberal Arts at Mass Bay and Business Management at UMASS.

What drew you to working in admissions?

I wanted to help High School students as they plan for their futures.

I like anything outdoors- paddleboarding, surfing, snowboarding, hiking, sailing and hanging out on the beach.  I enjoy traveling with friends and seeing new places around the world.

What are you excited for in this role?

I’m excited to meet prospective students and help them start their College careers.