New Counselor: Jon Luszcz

Hey everyone! My name is Jon Luszcz and I am one of the newest admissions counselors in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and work as the Assistant Director of Admissions Communications.

Meeting with a prospective student at Middlebury Union High School

I am originally from Nashua, NH, which is the second largest city in New Hampshire (603!). I completed my bachelor’s degree at Endicott College where I studied Sport Management and minored in Business Administration. After college I spent close to four years working in college athletics, first at Union College and then the University of New Hampshire doing athletic communications. While at UNH, I decided to build upon my education and pursue graduate school, enrolling in the College of Professional Studies at Northeastern University and studying Higher Education Administration. In 2016, I made the leap from athletic communications to admissions and went on to work at Mount Ida College. In May of 2018, I transitioned to Wentworth Institute of Technology and now serve as the Assistant Director of Admissions Communications. Additionally, I have officiated soccer for the past 15 years and recently received my Grade 7 license in 2017.

Now living in the city for three years, I cannot say enough great things about Boston (11 championships since 2001)! That being said, I think Boston is perfectly located, having a lot of great things to do in the city while being a short drive away from the ocean and mountains. Whether you are interested in sports, music, museums, food, theater, the outdoors, or etc., the activities here are endless. Being an avid skier growing up, it was great to travel around Vermont in the fall and see what the Green Mountain State had to offer.

Enjoying the view in Barnet, VT.

Church Street in Burlington, VT

As a new staff member, I always tell students about the welcoming community since it’s something I have felt as a new staff member since day one. Wentworth can provide you all the direction and resources to help you succeed, you just need to take advantage of the opportunity.

To prospective students – enjoy the process. I can be stressful but picturing yourself in a new setting with endless potential and opportunities is exciting. Questions will arise. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are here for you every step of the way.