New Admissions Counselor: Dan Chadwick

My name is Dan Chadwick and I am a new Admissions Counselor here at Wentworth Institute of Technology. I graduated in May of 2018 from Emmanuel College- right down the street! I have a Bachelor of Science in Biology with a concentration in Health Sciences and a minor in Mathematics. Some people ask, “how did you end up doing this when you studied something so different?” To that I answer, in undergrad, I was involved in different leadership positions, clubs, organizations, and community service. In college, I realized I was truly passionate about higher education, and less so about biology. With this realization, I decided to pursue a career within the field of higher education. I’m very excited to be working in Admissions at Wentworth! In the future, I intend to complete a Master’s program in higher education administration to further my career in higher ed.

Being an alumni of fellow COF school, I’ve become very familiar with the Fenway neighborhood, and with Boston in general. Since I came back to work here, it’s clear that I love it! There are countless possibilities of things to do in the area; going to a Red Sox game at Fenway, visiting the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum or Museum of Fine Arts, watching a concert at the House of Blues, or simply going out to eat at one of the many awesome restaurants in the area. There’s never a dull moment in the Fenway! Plus, being a member of a COF school, there are opportunities to go to different events that are planned by the COF, giving you an opportunity to meet students in the area that are outside of Wentworth.

A couple of my favorite things in the area that I would definitely recommend for Wentworth students to check out… First off, Thornton’s wing night. There’s a restaurant on Peterborough street called Thornton’s that has great food, a friendly staff, and best of all… $0.25 chicken wings every Thursday night. Being at Emmanuel, there were many Thursday nights spent there eating way too many wings. Another of my favorites is right next door to Thornton’s, called Neighborhoods. It’s a coffee place that has great lattes and crepes. It’s a great place to grab a coffee and a crepe and stay for a while to get some studying or homework done. Lastly, my favorite thing to do in the area, and probably in Boston in general, is to take a walk down to the Charles River Esplanade. This is especially nice in the summer. Walking down to the esplanade with friends, sitting on one of the docks, and watching the sun set over Cambridge in the summer… you can’t get better than that.

I’m really excited to start working as an Admissions Counselor at Wentworth! I encourage all prospective students to reach out to me if you have any questions regarding Wentworth, the COF, the Fenway area, or just Boston in general!