Exploring Boston’s Seaport Neighborhood

Sarah Kaczynski – Freshman, Computer Science

One of my favorite ways to take a break from studying or working for a few hours is visiting different areas of Boston. Most recently, some of my friends and I went to Boston’s seaport, a beautiful area filled with art, culture, and shopping. Some of the highlights of our trip included the Institute of Contemporary Art (specifically the William Forsythe: Choreographic Objects exhibit) and spending time on the waterfront at sunset. Whether you want to immerse yourself in contemporary art in a museum or throughout the streets, eat some good food, pick up some clothes to keep you warm throughout the chilly Boston winter, or just take some photos to spice up your social media pages, the Seaport has something for everyone. It is such an interesting feeling to look in one direction and see buildings and bridges then turn your head and see only the vast sea, extending for miles.

Something that really drew me to Wentworth was its location. I wanted to be somewhere urban with lots of job opportunities, a decent public transportation system, and easy ways to travel to and from my home and other places, but I also wanted to be in a place where I could spend time in the woods or near the ocean. Boston provides all of that with large doses of history and culture, and Wentworth’s location makes it easy to get just about anywhere via public transportation or walking.

To get to the Seaport Neighborhood, take the MBTA Green Line from the Museum of Fine Arts stop to Park Street, switch to the Red Line toward Ashmont/Braintree and get off at South Station. Then, take the Silver Line SL1, SL2, or SL3 to Courthouse (which, by the way, is an excellent place to get some cool photos).