We are excited you will be joining us at Wentworth!
Did you share the news that you are attending Wentworth on social media? Be sure to include #WITCOMMIT in your post! Now that you are a #WITCOMMIT, what’s next on the checklist? Below are some important dates and deadlines to keep on your radar.
1. Activate your Wentworth email address:
How do I activate my L-Connect account?
Having technical issues? Please contact the Division of Technology Services (DTS) at 617-989-4500.
2. Register for Orientation: New Student Orientation (NSO) is your opportunity to explore campus and meet your fellow classmates. You also learn which courses you will be taking in your first semester and how to register. Attending New Student Orientation is mandatory but don’t worry, you’ll have a ton of fun! There are no fees for any of the NSO programs. Parents and family can even take part in a one-day Parent & Family Orientation!
Read more about what to expect at NSO and the dates that you can attend here!
Transfer Students: Transfer students are invited and encouraged to attend a transfer orientation on July 30th. More information will come at a later date!
International Students: We understand the high cost of travel, so we also do not require International Students to attend New Student Orientation. We do require International Students to attend Wentworth Opening Week and International Student Orientation which will take place right before the start of classes.
3. Living on Campus? Housing Agreement and Roommate Questionnaire: Both the housing agreement and roommate matching questionnaire will become available to students on May 31st. Students are not required to participate in the roommate questionnaire. Students are welcome to room with a friend from high school or someone that they meet at orientation. The questionnaire is a means of pairing students up with a roommate based on living preferences.
4. Fall 2019 E-Bills: On June 20th, you will be able to view your E-Bill through LConnect. Students should also remember to assign their parent as a proxy on their account, especially if their parent is paying the bill.
E-Bill questions? Please contact the Student Service Center 617-989-4020 or email@example.com.
5. Housing Selection July 15th-19th: Students will be notified of their housing selection slot, which will specify their date and time to choose housing. If you have already found a roommate at Orientation, the student with the earlier selection time will place both themselves and their roommate in a room.
Questions about housing? Please contact Housing & Residential Life 617-989-4160 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Documents Due:
July 1st: Immunization form
August 1st: Student insurance plan waiver or insurance enrollment form
For more information, please contact the Student Service Center 617-989-4020 or email@example.com.
Official High School Transcripts with the date of graduation must be submitted to the admissions office by August 2nd. This document certifies that you have successfully completed high school and are eligible to attend Wentworth this coming fall. This document must be an official transcript from your high school.
*Please note: Transfer students are required to submit their final College transcripts before enrolling in the Fall.
Documents may be submitted by your high school electronically by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or through a document transfer service. They may also be mailed to Admissions at the following address:
Wentworth Institute of Technology
Office of Admissions
550 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
7. MBTA Pass:
For anyone who will be commuting onto campus and taking public transit, the deadline to purchase a discounted MBTA pass is August 10th.
8. Move-In Dates and Wentworth Opening Week:
Below are the following days that Move-In and Wentworth Opening Week will take place:
- August 28 – International student move-in
- August 29-30 – International Student Orientation
- August 30 – New student move-in; IMPACT!, Pre-WOW programs begin
- August 31 – September 4 – Wentworth Opening Week (WOW). Participation in WOW is required of all incoming students.
First Day of Classes:
First day of classes will be on Thursday, September 5th!
As always, if you have any further questions or concerns please contact Admissions at 617-989-4000 or email@example.com We are always happy to help. See you soon!