New Admissions Counselor: Emily Casey

Hi everyone! My name is Emily Casey and I am a new Admissions Counselor here at Wentworth. I graduated from Stonehill College in Easton, Massachusetts in May of 2019 and I am excited to start working at Wentworth. At Stonehill, I studied Communication with a minor in Journalism. I spent most of my time at Stonehill working in Admissions, Alumni Affairs, Residence Life, and Campus Ministry. I also spent time traveling to Dublin, Ireland for an international internship and Peru and New Orleans for service trips. Through all those experiences, I fell in love with the field of higher education, and that’s how I ended up here as an Admissions Counselor! I love working with students and their families through the process of applying to college and helping students find a place they can call home for the next four years. I plan on pursuing my master’s degree in the field of higher education administration soon.

I am originally from Londonderry, New Hampshire so I am fairly new to the Boston area. However, I’ve known about Wentworth for a long time. My sister graduated from Wentworth’s Interior Design program in 2017, so I’ve been coming to campus since my sophomore year of high school. Wentworth is located less than a mile from Fenway, so I would always come down to catch a game with my sister or celebrate another Boston championship duck boat parade. There seems to always be something exciting to do in Boston and endless professional opportunities. I’ve always been impressed with Wentworth’s co-op program, which allows students to graduate with two, full-time, paid work experiences in their chosen career field before graduation. That kind of experience is invaluable entering the workforce postgrad and it’s what puts Wentworth students ahead.

The biggest piece of advice I can give to anyone starting their college search process is to ask questions. Everyone has something that they really value in their college experience. Something you know you want to get out of your college. Ask us. Whatever it is that is important to you, from the social life in the surrounding areas, the relationships with faculty, or the club sport opportunities, ask us about it. We are here to answer any and all questions you have. Our job is to guide you along the process and ease any of the anxieties that come with picking a college, so never hesitate to ask questions!