New Admissions Representative: Kevin Gambino

Hi everyone! My name is Kevin Gambino and I am a new Admissions Representative here at Wentworth. In May of 2017, I graduated from the University of Massachusetts Amherst where I majored in Political Science with a minor in Information Technology. As a student, I worked as a peer advisor in the Political Science/Legal Studies department helping fellow students choose their classes and word towards their academic goals.

Immediately after graduating, I began working in a law firm in downtown Boston to get a feel for the legal field to determine if pursuing law school would be the path for me. Consequentially, I discovered a legal career was not for me and I found myself back in the field I came to love as an undergrad myself – higher education. Last year, I filled a position in the Registrar’s Office at Berklee College of Music.  In addition to my primary role of evaluating transfer credit, I worked very closely with the admissions department assisting their department as needed. Between my experiences at a traditional, large research university, UMass Amherst, a specialized arts school, Berklee, and now the Wentworth Institute of Technology, I have been exposed to a wide spectrum of opportunities available to college students.

In August of 2018 I received a certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) to begin teaching English abroad. For 10 months, I lived in Madrid, Spain, working as a Culture and Language Assistant teaching English in a public high school. It was an incredible opportunity that brought together my two passions: education and travel. From Central America to Europe I have visited about a dozen countries and I take every opportunity I can to travel both within and outside of the United States!

I look forward to meeting everyone on the road this fall!