New Admissions Representative: Kathryn Melo

Hello! My name is Kathryn and I work in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as an Admissions Representative. I grew up in Fall River, MA. When it came time for selecting my own college, I was crazy. I started with a color-coded Excel Spreadsheet of roughly 100 nearby colleges and narrowed it down to 20 that I scheduled campus tours at. From there, I ended up applying to about 8 or 10 (a lot of application fees!). 

Ultimately, I decided to attend Lasell University in Newton, MA. I studied Event and Hospitality Management with a minor in Psychology. After graduation I decided to stay one more additional year to earn my Master’s in Management. After grad school, I started working right away in the wedding planning industry only to realize later that I wanted to work at universities helping students through their college experience. From there I started to forge my way into the Higher Education field with my 1st job as a Domestic Travel Consultant at Explorica Educational Travel. My days were filled collaborating with professors to help them set up a travel program for their students. In 2019, I secured a position at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) within the Alumni Relations Department. While there, I was part of a committee that organized reunions for the alumni and provided career workshop services. 

I love working in Admissions here at Wentworth, especially coming from my previous background in helping alumni, because I’ve seen the college process from start to finish and understand what a truly transformative experience it has on each and every person. I love having a position that allows me to engage with current and prospective students everyday.