Wentworth Architecture Faculty Interviews

During my first semester of junior year, I was given the opportunity to explore my passion for photography by joining the Wentworth Architecture Instagram team. Part of my role was to gather work from my peers and bring it to Instagram to give a glimpse into what being a student in the architecture department is really like. To this date, this experience has yet to disappoint me, allowing me to engage with my classmates like never before.

Before being sent home from school due to COVID-19, I started an initiative in the Wentworth Architecture department to begin to connect the faculty with the students in order to show the magnitude of support that they are able to provide to us. Many of my colleagues in the studio all agree that our professors are very intelligent people, but we never seem to be able to find the time to pick their brains outside of our studio projects. Many of them agreed with me that they would love to be able to sit down with them and ask them relevant questions about their career in architecture.

With the support of the Instagram team, I began filming an interview series with the faculty members to connect them with not only current students but also incoming/ prospective students as well. In the interview, I ask them questions regarding their architecture career, along with advice they have for us students that they wish they had when they were in our shoes. I am happy to say that I have been able to continue this series from home via zoom and have been in contact with a number of faculty members who have been more than happy to help me continue this process.

Below is my first interview with my studio teacher from this previous semester, Manuel Delgado. I have had the great privilege of learning under him these past four months, and I am looking forward to working more closely with him over the next year. Any feedback or comments you have for me would be greatly appreciated. I hope you enjoy these videos as much as I do and are able to learn something in the process!

I hope everyone is staying healthy and safe in these uncertain times, and I hope to see you all soon.

Chris Mok