Warning Blog Post Backlog!

It’s been an intense last few weeks here at Wentworth, but with finals wrapping up I’ve got some time on my hands to make a couple posts about my work from this first semester. I’m thinking I will put up my favorite work from each of my three design studio classes, with possibly a bonus post from my color theory class because I am especially proud of how far I have come in my understanding of color and composition.

However, before I get to that I will dedicate the rest of this post to the work I’ve done in English. This semester I had Professor Bailey for English 1 and really learned a lot. While my English foundations from high school certainly weren’t weak, I benefited immensely from having to write a short three to five-page essay on almost a weekly basis. This practice really solidified my understanding of how to find solid sources and cite them correctly. In high school I had always been taught to put in direct quotes from my sources, but Bailey consistently pushed me to include other forms of citation, like paraphrasing and summary, which I wasn’t accustomed to using. I also thoroughly enjoyed that, more often than not, we could chose the topics our research papers were on. This analytical writing is, in my opinion, very befitting of a tech school such as Wentworth. While Professor Bailey’s class isn’t suited to those who might be adverse to hard work, if you are willing to take on the challenge and make the most of what he teaches, the rewards are undeniable. I can say without hesitation that the papers I have produced this past semester were some of the strongest and most enjoyable to write.