Reminder: Once you’ve copied a past course into the current term, while most of your prep work is done, you are not quite finished. There are some important housekeeping items to remember:
- Check Content and assessment items and revise/replace them as needed. Make sure content is in the appropriate location. Consult your department for any specific requirements.
- Run the Date Management tool, correct due dates, and release dates associated with items. Documentation for Date Management
- Use Link Checker tool to Check all External Links Documentation for Link Checker
- Check all links embedded in content items – Link Checker does not check these links.
- Check YouTube and other Mashup Content, is the media still available? Choose replacements as needed. Check other third-party content like Atomic Learning and Lynda/Linkedin Learning videos, too. As we refine the academic technology toolkit, some tools may be replaced and content will also need to be replaced.
- Grade Center Clean-Up – Remove (don’t just hide) any unneeded columns (from quizzes/tests/assignments that have been removed) and make sure grade calculations include the correct columns/categories and weighting. If you are adding assignments, make sure the grades calculate properly. CPCE courses are based on 1000 points. Added assignments can inflate this value.
- Remove any grading Schemas not in use. Wentworth changed its undergraduate grade schema starting in Fall 2018. If you’ve copied your course, you may have copies of the older schema that can impact how grades are displayed in your course.
- Check to make sure settings on Discussion Forum are appropriate for your course and allow students to create new threads. We discourage allowing students to delete their own posts because most online and hybrid courses require students to reply to other students’ posts and deleting posts with replies could impact the grades of other students.
Follow these steps and you’ll be off to a good start of the semester.