Five Wentworth alumni athletes were inducted into the Athletic Hall of Fame, and Alumni Association awards were presented to four alumni and a professor at a ceremony last fall.

The Alumni Award recipients:

STEVEN G. ROSSI ’08 was recognized with the Philip J. Brooks ’90 Alumni Leadership Award for his work in shaping future leaders as a member of the Wentworth Office of Campus Life and the Wentworth Alumni Association.

A young business owner who embodies Wentworth’s entrepreneurial spirit, DENNIS M. COLWELL JR. ’06 won the Young Alumni Award. Dennis started his architecture firm, Dennis Colwell Architects, Inc., in 2009. He was featured in the Fall 2013 issue of WIT for his work with Habitat for Humanity.

STEPHEN HOPKINS ’63 was presented with the Distinguished Service Award for his enthusiastic support of Wentworth and dedicated community service. A resident of northern California, Hopkins spearheaded a special MED ’63 reunion in 2013.

The Distinguished Employer Award went to AVTECH SOFTWARE, INC., and was accepted by RICHARD GUNDY ’03. Many members of AVTECH’s engineering team are Wentworth graduates, with backgrounds in computer science, electrical engineering, and electromechanical engineering.

PROFESSOR HOSSEIN NORIAN was the recipient of the Gold Leopard Award, presented to an individual with long-term commitment and outstanding loyalty to Wentworth. A full professor, Norian has been a mainstay of the Wentworth Management program for 25 years.web-WAA-and-athletes_awards

The Hall of Fame’s Class of 2013:

ROBERT L. TRIVERI ’55 played baseball at Wentworth long before Sweeney Field, when the home field was located where the quad, Flanagan Campus Center, and Nelson Recreation Center sit today. A shortstop, Triveri was named team MVP in 1955. “I have always felt a special bond with Wentworth,” Triveri says. “It set the tone and provided the skills needed in my professional career.”

Lacrosse player THOMAS V. DAHILL ’05 captained the team for two years and led the program to 26 wins and a pair of ECAC Tournament berths. He scored 94 goals and added 55 assists for a total of 149 career points, putting him third on the program’s all-time scoring list. “My time at Wentworth was such a great experience on and off the field,” he says. “My four years as a member of the lacrosse team were some of the most rewarding years of my life.”

Perhaps the greatest pitcher the Wentworth softball program has ever seen, JENA BEAUREGARD ’06 helped the Leopards to their best four-year stretch in program history. She holds program records for fewest walks per seven innings (1.47), most strikeouts per seven innings (6.04), wins (34), appearances (82), starts (73), shutouts (11), innings pitched (480.2), and strikeouts (415).

“While pitching can have a tremendous impact on the outcome of the game, a pitcher is only as good as the team behind her,” Beauregard says. “I was surrounded by very talented players who contributed greatly to my success.”

CHRISTOPHER A. HARTMANN ’08, a four-year starter at midfield and two-year captain, is the fifth men’s soccer player to be inducted into the Athletic Hall of Fame. As a senior, he set program records for points (42) and goals (16). “Wentworth granted me the opportunity to pursue my two passions, architecture and soccer, and for that I am truly grateful,” Hartmann says. “The memories I have of my career at Wentworth are enough to last a lifetime.”

For SHERRAD L. PREZZIE-BLUE ’08, the end of his Wentworth playing days marked the start of a professional internationalcareer in which he has played in Great Britain and Africa. The Norwalk, Conn. native started all of the Leopards’ 104 games during his career, and finished as the program’s career leader in three-point field goals (195). He is second in program history in scoring (1,781 points), field goals made (659), and steals (165). “I am truly blessed and humbled to be inducted into Wentworth’s Athletic Hall of Fame,” Prezzie-Blue says. “This is an incredible honor that capped off a true fairy tale for me.”