By: Abbey Pober
Our annual Spring CO-OP + CAREER Fair was held on Tuesday, March 19th from 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm in Tansey Gymnasium. The event drew 175 employers ranging from innovative biomedical engineering firms to international high-tech organizations and everything in between. Over 700 students from all majors, seeking both co-op and full-time opportunities, spent the afternoon networking at the Fair. Students came prepared to learn and make new connections, like Cilviano who attended with an intention to step out of his comfort zone “This year I’m going to companies that intimidate me. Just be fearless.”
Students who attended the CO-OP + CAREER Fair, below are some tips for following up. If you had a LinkedIn photo taken, look for an email from email@example.com in about a month.
- Send a thank you email to the employers with whom you spoke. Find our guide to thank you notes here. If you need a reminder of which companies with whom you spoke a list of employers is available on our website for reference.
- If a recruiter gave you specific instructions, be sure to follow through on those items and then follow up with the recruiter.
- Use this opportunity to include a copy of your resume, even if you gave them one at the Fair.
- Unable to send a thank-you note for lack of contact information? Stay connected through social media: find the company or even the person you spoke with on LinkedIn or Twitter. Follow their feeds to stay up to date on new openings and other news!
- You are always welcome to check in with your Co-op + Career Advisor to see if they can provide you with any helpful information, too.
If you were unable to attend the Fair this spring be on the lookout for future opportunities to connect with employers, including the announcement about the fall CO-OP + CAREER Fair. Check WITworks as we get closer to the fall Fair for updates on employers attending. Employers be on the lookout for future recruiting opportunities in the coming months, and for details about our fall semester events including the CO-OP + CAREER Fair and Mock Interview Day.
Thank you to all students and employers who joined on March 19th for the Fair. A special thank you to our sponsors: BOND Brothers, Commodore Builders, DACON, Electric Supply Center, JLL, NOVO Construction, Schneider Electric, and TG Gallagher. Your support makes all the difference.
We look forward to seeing everyone at our next event!