Construction on the Al Shawaf Family Terrace has officially begun!
Upcoming construction schedule:
- August 7 – August 9: Remove Millwork from Storefronts
- August 9 – August 13: Mechanical piping modifications
- August 14: Demolish west storefronts
- August 15: Demolish west curb and east storefronts
- August 16: Demolish east curb
- August 16 – August 19: Install west storefronts
- August 19 – August 20: Install east storefronts and enable floor box relocation
- August 20 – August 21: Roofing tie-in to west storefront
- August 21 – August 22: Roofing tie-in to east storefront
Activities to note that would affect normal operations for the week of August 12th:
- Washing on north and west facades: Boom lifts will be coned off to separate from the public. At entrances to the building signs will be posted to caution public.
- Piping modifications on level 2. AC units will need to be shut down in the contained area.
- Demolition of existing storefronts may cause loud noises on the second floor of the library.