“Growing up, I loved shoes. From middle school on it was a huge part of my life. This opened my eyes to the culture surrounding footwear: design, music, fashion, advertising, print, photo, etc. My high school art classes solidified that it was the only thing I wanted to do or be a part of.”

collage of man working on a shoe design project

man walking across street

“I came into [Wentworth] as a crazy perfectionist and was driving myself nuts. We were taught that there is a process you need to follow to bring an idea to fruition. The design process we were taught and exposed to built the foundation of how I approach any problem today in my professional career. I also learned a lot about myself as a person and a creative. I started to trust my gut more and allow more of my personality to come into my work.”

“When I toured Wentworth, met the teachers, saw the studio/workshop and dove into the curriculum, it all clicked for me. I knew I wanted a hands-on design experience and Wentworth specializes in that. The co-op experience was also a key piece to my decision, which eventually got me to where I am now. I feel pretty lucky looking back.”

man wearing a hat