Opportunity and Engagement

Just going to say this straight up: I love my on-campus roles. There are so many on-campus responsibilities, and they pretty much all rock.

I completed Phase I the Wentworth Leadership Institute and did well in my classes last semester, and that opened up so many doors for me and my career. My roles with the Institute grant me all sorts of experience before I need to look for permanent employers. The opportunities I have as a sophomore are things that not every student gets to see, and Wentworth made opportunity knock. Students who have completed the first phase of WLI can become RAs, join the Student Alumni Association, give tours to prospective students, sit on the Community Standards Board, and more. The opportunities are abundant for anyone willing to grab them.

I get to meet all the cool people and do all the cool things because of my roles and they are the primary reason that I engage well on campus. I’m getting teaching experience as a Learning Lab Tutor, networking and event planning experience as a Commuter Assistant, and other perks from my additional roles.

One comment