To the Wentworth community:
Based on the guidance we have received from Wentworth administration, the Library and Tech Sandbox spaces will be CLOSED until the Institute reopens. We will continue to support students, faculty, and staff over the coming weeks and months via our online services and resources.
We will be offering Library services via email, chat, and web-conferencing tools. Please see below for a summary or visit our website for more information; we will communicate the most up-to-date information in the top banner of our website, https://library.wit.edu
- Schumann Library & Learning Commons: CLOSED
- Technology Sandbox: CLOSED
Chat Service Hours (starting 3/16/20)
- Monday-Friday: 10am-6pm
- Saturday: 10am-2pm
- Sunday: 1-5pm
To contact the Library via chat, visit our website and click on the blue box labeled “Questions? Ask us!” along the top right side of the page.
Please contact your reference librarians at email@example.com with any questions.
- American City Journals – featuring Boston Business Journal (Includes the Annual Book of Lists) http://bit.ly/bbj-wit
- The Chronicle of Higher Education (Higher education journalism) http://bit.ly/chronicle-wit
- Note: Consider subscribing to Academe Newsletter, a daily briefing if you create an account https://www.chronicle.com/account/create
- New York Times Digital Edition http://bit.ly/nyed-wit
- Note: Consider subscribing to New York Times newsletters, such as the Morning Briefing for updates on global news and culture.
- New York Times in Education (Create another account on this site using your email address associated with Wentworth. Use New York Times articles that have been prepared to engage students in the classroom.) https://bit.ly/nyt-wit
- Nexis Uni (formerly Lexis Nexis Academic. National and international news, company and legal information. Text-only, does not contain images or graphs. Does not include the Boston Globe.) http://bit.ly/nexisuni-wit
- ProQuest US Newsstream (U.S. newspapers, newswires and blogs from 1980 to the present. Text-only, no images or graphs. Includes the Boston Globe.) http://bit.ly/usnewsstream-wit
- Films on Demand – Films, documentaries, archival newsreels, etc. (these films are included in the library catalog) http://bit.ly/fod-wit
Boston Public Library’s Online Resources
In addition to Schumann Library’s collection, we are afforded remote access to nearly all of Boston Public Library’s Online Resources, which can be found here: https://www.bpl.org/online-resources/
For access, you need either a BPL borrower’s card, or an eCard. Register or renew an eCard here: https://www.bpl.org/ecard/
You can find more information about online resources in our Library & Online Learning Resources guide (https://library.wit.edu/guides/wit-contingency-resources).