Get More for the Same

There is so much to learn here outside normal classes. Starting at Wentworth, I made it clear that my biggest goal would be to graduate and leave.  The degree is still what keeps me enrolled, but there is so much more to being a member of Wentworth.

What reminded me of this is that all the leadership training and event have started up now. Most students who meet a few basic criteria are eligible to apply for leadership roles around campus and for Leadership Institute. The roles you can assume after training include Resident assistant, admissions ambassador, Student Alumni Society member, and Community Standards Board member. Acquiring any of these positions is contingent on completing their Wentworth Leadership Institute. Though first-years need only have completed Phase I. Currently, I am enrolled in Phase I, and we have been learning a ton of things that have nearly no overlap with my normal classes.

To get the most out of college, try to learn more than your required classes. Required classes are fine, but concentrating on just those will leave you specialized. And specialized can be very boring, unless you absolutely love what you do.

If you want to learn things somewhat related to your major, there are a number of hosted lectures every week. We get weekly emails about when / where some of these lectures are and I am sure there are lectures we could attend from other Colleges of the Fenway. And if you want to meet me, come to the applied math career series lecture Tuesdays at 4 😀