Blackboard Learn or Something Else? You Decide!
You’re invited to attend demonstrations of three different Learning Management Systems (LMS) to provide feedback and help identify the LMS that best meets our needs going forward: Brightspace, Canvas, or Blackboard Ultra. Students and Faculty have three different opportunities to see demonstrations targeted toward important needs and uses of each LMS based on feedback we’ve collected. One student-centered and faculty-centered demonstration will be recorded for each LMS in case you can’t make a session in person. You’ll also have a chance to bring your laptop and log into a test environment to get a feel for each LMS. Access the Next Generation Digital Learning Environment at Wentworth SharePoint Site to watch recordings of the vendor demonstrations, provide feedback on each vendor, and learn more about why we’re looking at the LMS including the assessment data gathered from students, faculty, staff and academic leaders. The data provided is a compilation of analyses done over the last few years looking at how faculty use our current LMS and how students interact with the LMS.
- Brightspace 10/30/19 (Beatty 426)
- Brightspace 10/31/19 (Blount Auditorium)
- Oct 31, 2019 8:30am-10:00am – Brightspace Faculty demo
- Oct 31, 2019 10:30am-11:30am – Brightspace Student demo
- Oct 31, 2019 12:30pm-2:00pm – Brightspace Faculty demo
- Oct 31, 2019 2:00pm-3:00pm – Brightspace open hands-on in test environment (bring laptop)
- Oct 31, 2019 3:00pm-4:00pm – Brightspace Student demo
- Canvas 11/6/19 (Beatty 426)
- Canvas 11/7/19 (Blount Auditorium)
- Bb Ultra 11/20/19 (Beatty 426)
- Bb Ultra 11/21/19 (Blount Auditorium)