Wentworth is committed to continuous progress towards digital accessibility. This fall begins the implementation of Ally, a tool in Bb Learn that scans content, provides feedback on how accessible the content is, gives tips on how to make improvements, and allows users to download more accessible versions of the content. A pilot with test courses begins this fall, partnering with the Accessible Digital Content Committee, LIT Advisory, Facilities and Equipment, and Wentworth Student Government to pilot Ally with test courses. Rollout continues in the Spring with live courses. The goal is continuous progress and to support that fall activities include:
- September/October: Ally Overview and Institutional Reporting training for the Digital Accessibility Committee
- Training workshop and materials for pilot participants – October
- October: Workshop for academic coordinators on how to make word documents accessible
- October-December: Experiment with Ally on test courses and live courses on request
- Fall: Launch website wit.edu/accessibility
- Spring: extend use, demonstrations by pilot participants, turn on for all courses, provide training to community on how to make electronic content accessible
- Ongoing: Education, communication, demonstrations, workshops … progress not perfection!
Interested in participating in this important work? Join in and get involved!