Panopto is the institution’s new enterprise video platform, replacing Echo360 and Kaltura. Panopto will upgrade to version 6.0 Saturday December 15th between 7:00pm-11:00pm. During this time the site will be offline so you will not be able to access recordings and will receive a “server unable to connect” error message.
Check out the New Features on the way:
- New analytics capabilities — Enhanced site-wide usage visualizations make it easier to track views, minutes delivered, and unique visitors. New folder roll-up visualizations provide deeper insights on folder and sub-folder usage. And new viewer engagement heatmaps make it easy to identify topics of interest or confusion by visualizing timestamped notes and discussions.
- User interface updates — Your Panopto site now features a new collapsible navigation bar and resizable folder and system settings trays to improve site browsing and navigation.
- IP whitelisting – Admins can now lock down the viewing and editing of certain folders or sessions by specifying a range of IP addresses under System..Network Access Rules.
- Recycle Bin – Admins now have access to a recycle bin, where they can restore or permanently remove videos that have been deleted.
For more details about what’s new in Panopto 6.0, check out the live Panopto Webinars hosted by the Panopto training team on Tuesday December 11th, just click on the desired link to register for either webinar you are interested in attending:
Thinking of incorporating video into your courses? Here’s a taste of what Panopto offers and a LIT Panopto support site to prompt some ideas:
- A secure environment for hosting and sharing your video content
- Easy to use software for recording video content and live streaming
- A unique search engine for finding any word mentioned in any video
- Complete integration with Wentworth’s Learning Management System
- Easy to use editing features
- Create assignments for students to upload their own video submissions
- Ability to caption videos
- Adding quizzes, YouTube videos, PDFs, slides, etc. to the session
- Integrates Discussions, Notes, and Bookmarks
As always, if you have any questions or are interested in learning more about creating videos, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call #617-989-5428, or drop by Annex Central 205.