…let’s start a New Year’s Happiness Revolution!
I am not a fan of New Year Resolutions. They are often rooted in negative thoughts we have about ourselves, focusing on specific areas weaknesses we want to strengthen. Not that strengthening your weakness is not a good thing, but they are often short lived and leave us feeling like we failed. Rather than focusing on behaviors, I believe we should focus on attitude, energy, and happiness. On New Year’s Day, I wrote down some short and simple statements that I plan on applying to every aspect of my life. I thought I would share them with you and, if they resonate with you, perhaps you will share them with others.
- Be kinder.
- Love harder.
- Breathe deeper.
- Seek the truth.
- Speak to hope.
- Change the changeable.
- Be a part of the solution.
- Know you can.
- Be kind to the body, to the heart, to the mind.
- Do good things, even for not-so-good people.
- Push past your comfort level, often.
- Listen to your soul and feed it what it desires.
- Say yes and then figure out how.
- Love your friends like they are your family.
- Treat your family like they are your friends.
- Never let anyone make you feel you are not enough.
Here’s to making 2018 the best yet! Enjoy each and every day this new year has to offer, my friends!