We are so fortunate and proud that our fall Coop + Career Fair will be bigger and better than ever! Over 200 employers will be on campus on Tuesday, October 3rd to meet with our amazing, talented, brilliant students. The Coop + Career Fair is so big this year, it’s been expanded to two locations – Watson Auditorium and Tansey Gymnasium. Students will check-in at Watson Auditorium.
In our recent #WITwants2know question, 48% of our respondents indicated they will be attending the Coop + Career Fair. We asked the Coops + Careers staff for some friendly advice for students to be well prepared….here’s what they had to offer:
- Use the Fairs App to research employers and prepare before the fair. Download the app on your mobile advice.
- Dress professionally. You can borrow clothes from WITwear (Monday-Thursday 10am-8pm and Friday 10am-5pm), located on the lower level of Evans Way/Tudbury.
- Bring lots of copies of your resume and plan to collect business cards for follow up.
- Prioritize the employers you want to meet, and start by practicing your pitch with an employer that is not your top priority.
- Listen to the conversations happening around you while waiting in line – chances are the employers will be asking you the same types of questions.
- Look on both WITworks and the employers website to review any open jobs.
We encourage all students to attend the Coop + Career Fair, even if you’re not actively searching for a position. It’s a great opportunity to network or even just take a look around for when you do begin your search.
Finally, be sure yo utilize your Career + Coop Advisor as a resource. If you make a connection with an employer and are not sure how to follow up with them after the fair, talk with your C+C Advisor.