Class Observations

class
observations

In-class support and actionable feedback.

Confidential observations conducted by instructional designers for formative reasons can help develop a culture of critical reflection, teaching improvement and active learning for faculty. Instructional designers can sit in on a class and provide constructive feedback and coaching on teaching.

Expand the blocks below to read the testimonials on class observations.

First Day Of Classes

An Instructional Designer was invited to observe 1st day of class for MGMT Intl Business, taught by Associate Professor of Business Management Michael Mozill. We provided extensive feedback on teaching from a student experience lens, and Michael implemented feedback on 1st day of class next semester and reached out to express how he found it helpful.

Engineering 1000

Uri Feldman, Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering had an Instructional Designer observe class sessions both on Zoom and in-person.

Uri implemented the active learning Jigsaw technique in a BMED 4800 summer course, as practice for ENGR 1000 classroom activities. Intro to Engineering now features regular active learning activities.

Engineering 1500

In Introduction to Engineering Design, taught by Afsaneh Ghanavati, Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, we were invited to seek feedback from students directly, offer continuous design and facilitation feedback as a participant-observer.

In addition, we visited a hybrid class as a one-time observer to support Afsaneh Ghanavati in this modality.

“Among the things I learned from our meeting at the start of the summer that I incorporated into my first session of Principles of Marketing and Management Communications are ‘Starting with Why’ and ‘Asking Follow-up Questions’.

As my courses continue, I will remember that ‘the most active person is doing the most learning’ and try to keep that person from being me!!”

-Michael Mozill